Sunday, October 18, 2009

Katie's ideas

  • What medium(s) does our project take?
I've been really into the idea of having people draw lately. I would be very interested in having residents map out both a sort of timeline of their relationship with SPURA and their visions for SPURA's future. These drawings could then be translated into some sort of video project that gets project in the site area (maybe?).
  • What is the scope?
I can see our group project having three components: first a person-to-person art-making interaction; second, a public presentation in the public sphere on site; third, a public presentation about the project at the New School (in conjunction with the rest of the class).
  • What are our goals?
I think our multiple goals would involve: gathering resident's perspectives about SPURA in a non-verbal way, engaging the rest of the site residents in a discussion about SPURA, and then finally opening that discussion up to NYC at large (including the media).
  • What is the question our project tries to answer?
How can we engage New Yorkers in a discussion about SPURA, sparked by the (visual) stories of residents themselves?

  • What is our strategy?
To use interactive design/research methods to gather non-verbal stories from residents and turning the results into a publicly displayed installation on site.

What are our production plans?
What is a timeline of what we need to get done?
What role does art play in our project?
  • Who is our audience?
People that live near SPURA, LESers, and New Yorkers in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment