Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here is a sample version of our sound project!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, guys! Looking forward to seeing how this develops - one question for you - how did it feel editing the pieces together? And do you have further thoughts on your style/strategy/goals for doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I had a process for editing this piece. First, I listened to the raw recordings and made notes of the parts I thought were key or the most compelling. Then I made a list of the order I thought they might go in. When I imported the sound into final cut, I made subclips of the parts I had taken notes on and then places them in the order I made in my notes. It turned out that this first order sounded pretty good, so I kept it liked that. I didn't have time to figure out how to get it in both the right and left channels though. But when we do the final project, I'll figure that part out and make it louder, too.

    ReplyDelete